Chair: Scott Warren
Membership: 10 members; 8 Senators - one from each group, one faculty member selected from both the URC & UPTC (now the interim Faculty Grievance Committee). The committee shall elect a chair.
Terms: Shall coincide with his/her senate term at the time of the election. No faculty member shall serve more than 3 consecutive years.
* Indicates second term
- Group I: Sophie Morton (WLLC) - Term Ends 2019
- Group II: Scott Warren (LTEC) - Term Ends 2019
- Group III: VACANT (Sweany)
- Group IV: Paul Hensel (PSCI) - Term Ends 2019
- Group V: Michael Sexton (MGMT) - Term Ends 2019
- Group VI: Miriam Boesch (EPSY) - Term Ends 2019
- Group VII: Gloria Olness (ASLP) - Term Ends 2020
- Group VIII: Mario Tooch (THEA) - Term Ends 2019
- URC: VACANT (Tam)
- UPTC: VACANT (Marshall)
Committee on Faculty Participation in Governance
- Using the resolution tracking system on the Faculty Senate website, follow up on how administrators have/have not addressed resolutions proposed by this committee or other committees and approved by the Senate.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of tenured and tenureâ€track faculty recruitment and hiring practices across academic units, identifying any gaps in faculty participation in the process.
- Work with Equity and Diversity to investigate EEO training for search committee members
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of the recruitment and hiring practices regarding deans for each college/school, identifying any gaps in faculty participation in the process.
- Meet with the Faculty Load Committee and in consultation with that committee make specific recommendations on how service can be rewarded and encouraged on campus, and investigate how faculty are involved in the assignment of workload to develop recommendations for transparency and equity in the process.
- Bring to the Senate’s attention any other complaints of violations and/or inconsistencies of charters of schools, colleges, and departments.
- Gather information from the following committees on problems each may have had with respect to implementation of recommendations: Faculty Senate Budget Committee, University Library Committee, Academic Affairs Committee, Committee on Benefits, Committee on the Status of People of Color, Committee on the Evaluation of Administrators, Committee on the Status of Women, Faculty Handbook Committee, Faculty Load Committee, Faculty Research Committee, and Faculty Salary Study Committee.