Co-chairs: Jennifer Way and Dalia Chowdhury
Membership: The Committee on the Status of Women shall consist of eight faculty members representing a variety of academic disciplines nominated by the Committee on Committees and approved by the Faculty Senate, and two at-large members.
Terms: The term of each faculty member shall be three years in length and members may serve no more than two consecutive terms. The chair of the committee shall be elected from and by the members of the committee.
* Indicates Second Term
- Group I: Jennifer Way (AEAH) - Term Ends 2020*
- Group II: Erin Miller (LIBR) - Term Ends 2019
- Group III: Helen Wang (MATH) - Term Ends 2020
- Group IV: Yolanda Niemann (PSYC) - Term Ends 2019
- Group V: Donna Lohr (ITDS) - Term Ends 2020
- Group VI: Mei Chang (EPSY) - Term Ends 2019
- Group VII: Rebecca Dickstein (BIOL) - Term Ends 2018*
- Group VIII: VACANT
- At-L: Dalia Chowdhury (RHS) - Term 2019
- At-L: Robbie Sittel (LIBR) - Term Ends 2018
- At-L: VACANT (Clark)
- Institutional Equity & Diversity Representative: Shani Barrax Moore
Committee on the Status of Women Charges 2014-2015:
- To obtain from the Provost's Office and other appropriate sources data listed below, to compile and report those data to the Faculty Senate, and to participate in additional projects for data* dissemination and follow-up.
- To co-sponsor/co-host events for the advancement of women faculty with other groups on campus. We will establish connections with other campus-wide organizations that address gender-related and minority-related faculty concerns, such as the Office of Equity and Diversity, the Women’s Faculty Network, the Committee on the Status of People of Color, and the Committee on the Status of LGBT Faculty.
- To report to the Faculty Senate issues of concern the Committee on the Status of Women may have with respect to implementation of its recommendations.
*Data requested for each faculty member, by gender and department:
- Salary. For the most recent 10 year period, 12-month salary by rank and number of years in rank, and by years beyond the PhD or equivalent in the field.
- Teaching. For the most recent 3-year window: yearly semester credit hours per faculty member. Mentorship as gauged by a list of student scholarships and other honors.
- Service. For the most recent 3-year window: Faculty member’s estimated average hours per week for each service activity listed in the Annual Update.
- Other resources. (a) Start-up funds translated in current dollars, and date(s) of start-up allocations; (b) current year’s funds provided by UNT for research, travel, graduate Assistantships, staff and postdoctoral salaries; (c) current allocations of space and facilities.
- Hires, promotion, and tenure. In addition to years in rank from Salary data (above), cases that are denied at the Departmental P&T, Chair or College levels.