Chair: Zelma DeLeon
Membership: 13 members: 8 faculty members - 1 from each group, elected by the Faculty Senate; 1 member appointed by the Director of the Office of Development; 1 member appointed by the Director of the Office of Financial Aid; 2 students selected by the Student Government Association; and the Director of the University Scholarship Office, ex-officio, who shall serve as the chair of the committee.
Terms: Students - 1 year, all others - 3 years
* Indicates second term
- Group I: Bill Ford (JOUR) - Term Ends 2021
- Group II: Daniel Alemneh (LIBR) – Term Ends 2018*
- Group III: Michael Shenoda (ETEC) - Term Ends 2017
- Group IV: VACANT (Brandon)
- Group V: Stephen Poe (FIREL) – Term Ends 2019*
- Group VI: Mei Chang (EPSY) - Term Ends 2019
- Group VII: Amie Lund (BIOL) - Term Ends 2019*
- Group VIII: VACANT (Sundberg)
- Scholarship Office: Zelma DeLeon
- Advancement: Rachel Kimball
- Financial Aid: Ed Turney
- SGA Student Representative: Varies by meeting schedule, appointed by Melissa McGuire
Scholarship Committee Charges
- Screen candidates and award University scholarships according to procedures and guidelines.
- Evaluate procedures of processing scholarship requests and notifications.
- Provide data on scholarships not renewed and assess the impact on student retention.
- Prepare a report on how scholarships were distributed, criteria for awarding scholarships and renewal of scholarships. Include in this report a summary of reasons for rejecting scholarship renewals, and the timeline for scholarship applications, acceptances, and rejections notification.
- Make recommendations to the advancement Office regarding scholarship priorities and needs and provide that office with the report presented to the Faculty Senate to assist in establishing these priorities.
- Analyze and critique how policy changes in the Office of Development impact scholarship availability and disbursement.