University Library Committee
Membership: 15 members: 8 faculty members - 1 from each group elected by the Senate; 1 undergraduate student selected by the Student Government Association; 1 graduate student appointed by the Graduate Student Council; 1 alumnus appointed by the VP for Development; the Vice Provost of the Graduate School (ex-officio); the Provost and VP for Academic Affairs (ex-officio); the Assoc. VP for University Planning (ex-officio); and the Dean of the Libraries (ex-officio). The committee shall elect a chair from among the members of the committee.
Terms: faculty - 3 years, staggered so that no more than 3 faculty members expire in any given year. Students - 1 yr, alumni - 2 years
* Indicates Second Term
- Group I: John Ross (LING) - Term Ends 2018
- Group II: Greg Hardin (LIBR) - Term Ends 2018
- Group III: Nicolae Anghel (MATH) - Term Ends 2019
- Group IV: Mark Vosvick (PSYC) - Term Ends 2018*
- Group V: Dan Peak (COB) - Term Ends 2019
- Group VI: Jamaal Young (TEA) - Term Ends 2017
- Group VII: Jim Kennedy (BIOL) – Term Ends 2018*
- Group VIII: VACANT (Schwarz)
- Group AL-1: Shawne Miksa (LIS) - Term Ends 2017
- Group AL-2: Zuoming Wang (COM) - Term Ends 2019
Appointed members :
- Provost & VP for Academic Affairs (ex-officio): Finley Graves
- Associate VP for University Planning (ex-officio): Deborah Leliaert
- Vice Provost of the Graduate School (ex-officio): Victor Prybutok
- Dean of Libraries (ex-officio): Martin Halbert
- Alumnus: VACANT
- Undergrad student, SGA rep: VACANT
- Grad student, GSC rep: VACANT
University Library Committee Charges:
- Continue to monitor all policies and procedures concerning library budget allocations. Indicate any areas where changes/improvements need to be made and provide recommendations to the Faculty Senate and the Dean of Libraries.
- Report needs of the UNT libraries and how these relate to the UNT community as a whole.
- Continue to lobby for more funding for the library.
- Provide projections on the impact on libraries for AY 2010-2011 of the budgeting process.
- In cooperation with the Dean of Libraries, gather data regarding library spending at UNT on a per-student and a per-faculty basis. Gather similar data from schools in our peer groups, as well as some other universities that are members of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL). To the extent that such data are available over a number of years, collect these as well. Report comparative results to the Faculty Senate and the Dean of Libraries.
- At least once per semester report to the Committee on Faculty Participation in Governance regarding any issues of concern the University Library Committee might have with respect to implementation of its recommendations.