Chair: Scott Warren
Membership: 9 members; 8 Senators (one elected from each of the eight senate voting groups), and one faculty member selected by the Faculty Grievance Committee. The committee shall elect a chair from among its members.
Terms: The term of each elected senator will end at the completion of his/her present three-year senate term.
* Indicates second term
- Group I: Sophie Morton (WLLC) - Term Ends 2022*
- Group II: Scott Warren (LTEC) - Term Ends 2022*
- Group III: VACANT (Xuexia Wang 2021)
- Group IV: VACANT (Dhrubodhi Mukherjee 2021)
- Group V: Michael Sexton (MGMT) - Term Ends 2022*
- Group VI: Miriam Boesch (EPSY) - Term Ends 2022*
- Group VII: Karen Anderson-Lain (COMM) - Term Ends 2023
- Group VIII: Daphne Gerling (MUIS) - Term Ends 2023
- FGC: Carole-Ann Costabile-Heming
Committee on Faculty Participation in Governance
- Using the resolution tracking system on the Faculty Senate website, follow up on how administrators have/have not addressed resolutions proposed by this committee or other committees and approved by the Senate.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of tenured and tenure track faculty recruitment and hiring practices across academic units, identifying any gaps in faculty participation in the process.
- Work with Equity and Diversity to investigate EEO training for search committee members
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of the recruitment and hiring practices regarding deans for each college/school, identifying any gaps in faculty participation in the process.
- Meet with the Faculty Load Committee and in consultation with that committee make specific recommendations on how service can be rewarded and encouraged on campus, and investigate how faculty are involved in the assignment of workload to develop recommendations for transparency and equity in the process.
- Bring to the Senate’s attention any other complaints of violations and/or inconsistencies of charters of schools, colleges, and departments.
- Gather information from the following committees on problems each may have had with respect to implementation of recommendations: Faculty Senate Budget Committee, University Library Committee, Academic Affairs Committee, Committee on Benefits, Committee on the Status of People of Color, Committee on the Evaluation of Administrators, Committee on the Status of Women, Faculty Handbook Committee, Faculty Load Committee, Faculty Research Committee, and Faculty Salary Study Committee.