Chair: Jesse Robertson Faculty Senate Budget Committe Report 2012-2013
Membership: 8 faculty members elected by the senate, one from each of the senate voting groups, with preference for at least 3 senators on the committee at all times. The committee will elect a chair from among its members.
Terms: 3 years
* Indicated Second Term
- Group I: Nadine Kalin (AEAH) - Term Ends 2019
- Group II: Todd Enoch (LIBR) - Term Ends 2020*
- Group III: Huguette Tran (MATH) - Term Ends 2019
- Group IV: Yu (Kelly) Shi (PADM) - Term Ends 2019
- Group V: @ Jesse Robertson (ACCT) - Term Ends 2019
- Group VI: Rossana Boyd (TEA) - Term Ends 2020*
- Group VII: Zuoming Wang (COMM) - Term Ends 2019
- Group VIII: VACANT (Cox)
- Group A-L 1: Jyoti Shah (BIOL) - Term Ends 2020*
- Group A-L 2: Kevin Yanowski (LIBR) - Term Ends 2019
Faculty Senate Budget Committee
- Meet with the University Budget Committee. Given the stated faculty priorities of faculty raises, graduate student stipends, library materials, research, and size of the tenured and tenure track faculty, monitor the implementation of these priorities.
- Encourage the University Budget Committee to provide a more descriptive annual budget, including changes in budgets from year to year that looks at both dollars and authorized positions.
- Work with the Research Office to prepare an annual report that summarizes the university’s investment in each of the new research clusters and the return to the university from that investment.
- Work with the Faculty Salary Study Committee, the Faculty Research Committee, and the Faculty Load Committee to share information and identify issues of mutual concern regarding workload, research support, salaries, and other budget issues affecting faculty.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Office of Research and Economic Development.
- Evaluate the functioning of Purchasing and Payment Services (PPS).
- At least once per semester report to the Committee on Faculty Participation in Governance regarding any issues of concern the Budget Committee might have with respect to implementation of its recommendations.
- Ensure that the individuals preparing the Over/Under Report include the allocation of funding based on the sharing fractions among cost of indirect costs recovered.
- Monitor and participate in budget hearings; report to Senate Executive Committee.