Contact: Office of the Provost
The charge for this committee is to provide a forum for campus leadership and key UNT stakeholders to examine best practices in new physical spaces that will enhance teaching and learning and the student experience at our institution. In service to the Space Planning and Management Committee (SPMC), the LSSC will be responsible for developing a digital strategy for the future of classrooms at UNT.
To fulfill its role, LSSC do the following:
1. Examine the current classroom inventory at Denton, Discovery Park, Frisco Hall and Frisco Inspire;
2. Review research on best teaching and learning practices in new classroom settings and understand high impact interventions;
3. Benchmark exemplary peer institutions and study successful implementations and infrastructure;
4. Using available data, develop a continuous improvement pathway including:
a. An appropriate budget to equip rooms as associated with study findings;
b. Classroom categorization beyond its current state to include clear branding and tiers for these collaborative, flexible classrooms;
c. A process of matching rooms with instructional strategies;
d. Outlining criteria and metrics to ensure new classroom effectiveness and ROI;
e. Establishment instructor training based on each classroom tiers.
5. Interact with and inform the SPMC and Capital Improvement projects impacting Learning Spaces
Faculty Members appointed by Faculty Senate:
- At-Large: Denise Catalano (RHS) - Term Ends 2022
For additional information, please contact the Office of Space Management at OSMP@unt.edu