Chair: Mike McPherson
The University Distinguished Research Professor Selection and Review Committee shall consist of six tenured full professors, serving staggered three year terms, the Vice President for Research and Economic Development or his/her designee, and the Provost and the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Three faculty committee members shall be selected by the Faculty Senate and three by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. At least one-half of the committee’s faculty members shall be University Distinguished Research Professors.* The Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, or designee, shall serve as chair of the University Distinguished Research Professor Selection and Review Committee.
*Indicates Distinguished Research Professors or Regents Professor
Members Appointed by Faculty Senate:
- Group A-L 1: Steve Friedson (MUSIC) - Term Ends 2020
- Group A-L 2: Warren Burggren (PSCI) - Term Ends 2021
- Group A-L 3: Valerie Martinez-Ebers (CLASS) - Term Ends 2020
Members Appointed by Provost:
- Francis D'Souza (COS) - Term Ends 2018
- Nandika D'Souza (CENG) - Term Ends 2018
- Pamela Harrell (COE) - Term Ends 2019
Member Appointed by Vice President for Research:
- Narendra Dahotre - Office of Research and Economic Development
For more information, please contact the office of Faculty Success Faculty.Success@unt.edu.