Chair: Evelyn Pitre
The committee shall consist of:
- One representative from each College and School (nominated by the Deans),
- One representative from the University Writing Lab (nominated by the Director),
- One representative from the Rhetoric and Composition Program of the English Department (nominated by the Director),
- One at-large faculty member (nominated by the Faculty Senate).
- The Faculty Senate must approve all nominations. As required by the Faculty Senate Bylaws, one of the committee members shall be a Faculty Senator. The committee shall elect its own chair among its members.
Terms: The terms of the faculty members of the committee shall be three years, staggered so that no more than three vacancies are created in any one year. The terms of the administrative members are not limited.
* Indicates Second Term
- College of Education: Smita Mehta - Term Ends 2018
- College of Information: Scott Warren - Term Ends 2019
- College of Arts & Sciences: Diana Nogay - Term Ends 2019
- College of Business Administration: Evelyn Pitre - Term Ends 2018*
- College of Music: Rebecca Geoffroy-Schwinden - Term Ends 2018
- College of Public Affairs and Community Service: Doug Henry - Term Ends 2018*
- College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism: Tammy Kinley - Term Ends 2018*
- College of Visual Arts and Design: Matthew Bourbon - Term Ends 2018*
- College of Engineering: Junghwan Oh - Term Ends 2018*
- Mayborn School of Journalism: Randy Loftis - Term Ends 2020
- College of Science: Bill Acree - Term Ends 2020
- College of Health & Public Service: VACANT
- Toulouse Graduate School: Alan Hubble (administrative)
- Honors College - James Duban (administrative)
- Rhetoric/Composition Dept. Representative: Jehanne Dubrow - Term Ends 2019
- Writing Lab Director/Designee: Lisa Jackson- Term Ends 2019
- At-large (LIBR): Pamela Andrews - Term Ends 2019
University Writing Committee Charges 2016-2017:
- Advertise the University Writing Awards Competition
- Select awards’ recipients of the University Writing Awards Competition in accordance with established policies, guidelines, and procedures, and send a list of the recipients to the Faculty Senate in time to present the awards at the Honors Day ceremony.
- Disseminate information about recent awards’ recipients throughout the University.
- Review policies, guidelines, and procedures for the University Writing Awards Competition, and make recommendations for changes as appropriate. Make other recommendations for action to the Faculty Senate as appropriate.
- Provide an internal Procedures Manual of the University Writing Committee to all committee members.
- Provide an interim report to the Faculty Senate Executive Committee and an annual report to the Faculty Senate Executive Committee and to the Faculty Senate.