University Writing Committee Charges:
- Advertise the University Writing Awards Competition
- Select awards’ recipients of the University Writing Awards Competition in accordance with established policies, guidelines, and procedures, and send a list of the recipients to the Faculty Senate in time to present the awards at the Honors Day ceremony.
- Disseminate information about recent awards’ recipients throughout the University.
- Review policies, guidelines, and procedures for the University Writing Awards Competition, and make recommendations for changes as appropriate. Make other recommendations for action to the Faculty Senate as appropriate.
- Provide an internal Procedures Manual of the University Writing Committee to all committee members.
- Provide an interim report to the Faculty Senate Executive Committee and an annual report to the Faculty Senate Executive Committee and to the Faculty Senate.
The committee shall consist of:
- One representative from each College and School (nominated by the Deans)
- One representative from the University Writing Center (nominated by the Director)
- One representative from the Rhetoric and Composition Program of the English Department (nominated by the Director)
- One at-large faculty member (nominated by the Faculty Senate)
The Faculty Senate must approve all nominations. As required by the Faculty Senate Bylaws, one of the committee members shall be a Faculty Senator. The committee shall elect its own chair among its members.
Terms: The terms of the faculty members of the committee shall be three years, staggered so that no more than three vacancies are created in any one year. The terms of the administrative members are not limited.
* Indicates Second Term
- College of Education: Brenda Barrio - Term Ends 2023
- College of Information: Sarah Evans - Term Ends 2023
- College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences: Kim Moreland - Term Ends 2024*
- College of Business: Sabine Thepaut - Term Ends 2024*
- College of Music: Andrew Chung - Term Ends 2022
- College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism: Young Hoon Kim - Term Ends 2024*
- College of Visual Arts and Design: VACANT (Hae Jin Gam 2021)
- College of Engineering: Saraju Mohanty - Term Ends 2022
- Mayborn School of Journalism: Mark Donald - Term Ends 2023
- College of Science: Ione von Herbing - Term Ends 2023
- College of Health & Public Service: Lisa Dicke (Administrative; unlimited term)
- Toulouse Graduate School: VACANT (Thuan Nguyen 2021)
- Honors College - James Duban (Administrative; unlimited term)
- Rhetoric/Composition Dept. Representative: Jack Christian - Term Ends 2022
- Writing Center Director/Designee: VACANT (Kimberly Tweedale 2021)
- At-Large (FS appointee): Rachael Zipperer - Term Ends 2022