Chair: Rose Baker
Membership: 11 voting faculty - 8 tenured voting group faculty and 3 At-large nontenured faculty; 4 non-voting university administrators appointed by the Provost & VP for Academic Affairs. The committee shall elect a chair.
Terms: 3 years term (two terms maximum), with terms of faculty members staggered so that no more than 3 expire in any given year.
* Indicates Second Term
- Group I: Thorne Anderson (JOUR) - Term Ends 2023
- Group II: Jacqueline Foertsch (ENGL) - Term Ends 2023
- Group III: Srinivasan Srivilliputhur (MTSE) - Term Ends 2023*
- Group IV: Denise Philpot (ADTA) - Term Ends 2023
- Group V: Neil Wilner (ACCT) - Term Ends 2023
- Group VI: Barbara Pazey (TEA) - Term Ends 2023*
- Group VII: Hong Wang (CHEM) - Term Ends 2023*
- Group VIII: Jeffrey Snider (MUVS) - Term Ends 2023
- At-L: Rose Baker (LTEC) - Term Ends 2023*
- At-L: Jihye (Ellie) Min (HTM) - Term Ends 2022*
- At-L: Troy Abel (ADES) - Term Ends 2023
- Michael McPherson, Associate Vice Provost for Student Success
Committee on Evaluation of Administrators Charges:
- Conduct the annual survey in March. Work closely with the Executive Committee on the questions and format.
- In conjunction with Faculty Senate Executive Committee and the Charter and Bylaws Committee, determine which categories of faculty (such as lecturers) will be eligible to participate in the survey.
- Using the list of positions to be evaluated, provided by the Senate Executive Committee, create new surveys. Consult with the Executive Committee on best practices for implementing the new surveys.
- Ensure that results from the previous year’s surveys are available.
- Evaluate and monitor how the results are utilized.
- Recommend how these results can best be used by the administration to improve the quality of administrative activity.
- In the fall semester, discuss lessons learned during the previous year’s administrator evaluations. In addition, analyze the results of the feedback survey carried out after last year’s evaluations, and make recommendations for changes as necessary.
- After the results of the survey are analyzed and utilized in administrator reviews, examine questions on all survey forms to evaluate their usefulness and propose new items or changes when appropriate. Invite the President, Provost, and Deans to comment on relevant surveys.
- At least once per semester report to the Committee on Faculty Participation in Governance regarding any issues of concern the Committee on the Evaluation of Administrators might have with respect to implementation of its recommendations.
- In conjunction with the Executive Committee, consider the possibility of having the Deans reviewed by the Chairs separately from the rest of the evaluations as well as the Provost reviewed by the Deans separately.