Chair: Rose Baker
Membership: 12 members, 8 tenured faculty (one from each group) or librarians (with 5 year contracts) and 4 university administrators appointed by the Provost & VP for Academic Affairs. The committee shall elect a chair.
Terms: 3 years term, with terms of faculty members staggered so that no more than 3 expire in any given year.
* Indicates Second Term
- Group I: Carmen Terry (WLLC) - Term Ends 2020
- Group II: Rose Baker (LTEC) - Term Ends 2020
- Group III: Srinivasan Srivilliputhur (MTSE) - Term Ends 2020
- Group IV: Adam Trahan (DCJ) - Term Ends 2020
- Group V: Jihye "Ellie" Min (HTM) - Term Ends 2022
- Group VI: Barbara Pazey (TEA) - Term Ends 2020
- Group VII: Hong Wang (CHEM) - Term Ends 2020
- Group VIII: Barbara Cox (DANC) - Term Ends 2021*
- Christy Crutsinger, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- Kelly Donahue Wallace
Committee on the Evaluation of Administrators Charges:
- Conduct the annual survey in March. Work closely with the Executive Committee on the questions and format.
- In conjunction with Faculty Senate Executive Committee and the Charter and Bylaws Committee, determine which categories of faculty (such as lecturers) will be eligible to participate in the survey.
- Using the list of positions to be evaluated, provided by the Senate Executive Committee, create new surveys. Consult with the Executive Committee on best practices for implementing the new surveys.
- Ensure that results from the previous year’s surveys are available.
- Evaluate and monitor how the results are utilized.
- Recommend how these results can best be used by the administration to improve the quality of administrative activity.
- In the fall semester, discuss lessons learned during the previous year’s administrator evaluations. In addition, analyze the results of the feedback survey carried out after last year’s evaluations, and make recommendations for changes as necessary.
- After the results of the survey are analyzed and utilized in administrator reviews, examine questions on all survey forms to evaluate their usefulness and propose new items or changes when appropriate. Invite the President, Provost, and Deans to comment on relevant surveys.
- At least once per semester report to the Committee on Faculty Participation in Governance regarding any issues of concern the Committee on the Evaluation of Administrators might have with respect to implementation of its recommendations.
- In conjunction with the Executive Committee, consider the possibility of having the Deans reviewed by the Chairs separately from the rest of the evaluations as well as the Provost reviewed by the Deans separately.