Membership: This committee shall consist of ten members. The Faculty Senate Executive Committee shall appoint eight faculty members (one from each Faculty Senate group). One additional faculty member shall be appointed by the Faculty Senate Executive Committee to serve as the committee’s faculty chair. The Provost/VPAA shall appoint one ex-officio member who will serve as the administrative co-chair of the committee. The Provost/VPAA appointee is a voting member if they are a full-time faculty member with no “administrative service” workload, otherwise that appointee is nonvoting.
Terms: Terms for faculty members are three years in length and faculty members may serve no more than two consecutive terms. The Provost/VPAA appointee shall serve at the pleasure of the provost.
- Group I: Koji Fuse (JOUR) - Term Ends 2021
- Group II: Mike Spector (LTEC) - Term Ends 2021
- Group III: Jose Perez (PHYS) - Term Ends 2021
- Group IV: Phil Paolino (PSCI) - Term Ends 2021*
- Group V: Divesh Ojha (MKTG) - Term Ends 2020*
- Group VI: VACANT
- Group VII: Justin Trudeau (COMM) - Term Ends 2021
- Group VIII: Jennifer Lane (MUVS) - Term Ends 2021
Charges: The charges of the Faculty Policy Oversight Committee are to:
- Review the information relevant to faculty contained in the Policy Manual of the University of North Texas
- Receive sugested changes to policy from the faculty and other appropriate sources
- Recommend revisions, deletions, and additions to UNT policies
The Committee provides policy recommendations to the Faculty Senate Executive Committee for further action.