Membership: The Committee on the Status of Women shall consist of eight faculty members representing a variety of academic disciplines and three at-large faculty members, all nominated and approved by the Faculty Senate. Additionally, a representative from Institutional Equity & Diversity will serve as an ex-officio member of the committee.
Terms: The term of each faculty member shall be three years in length and members may serve no more than two consecutive terms. The chair of the committee shall be elected from and by the members of the committee.
* Indicates Second Term
- Group I: Carol Costabile-Heming (WLLC) - Term Ends 2023
- Group II: Stephanie Hawkins (ENGL) - Term Ends 2025
- Group III: Usha Philipose (PHYS) - Term Ends 2024
- Group IV: Brooke Nodeland (CJUS) - Term Ends 2025*
- Group V: Madhuri Bandla (ACCT) - Term Ends 2023
- Group VI: Sarah Deemer (KHPR) - Term Ends 2025
- Group VII: Karen Anderson - Lain (COMM) - Term Ends 2024*
- Group VIII: Jacqueline Vickery (MRTS) - Term Ends 2023
- At-L: Tina Mims (NCF) - Term Ends 2025*
- At-L: Laurie Giddens (ITDS) - Term Ends 2025
- At-L: Jodi Philbrick (IS) - Term Ends 2025
- IDEA Representative: Eve Shatteen Bell
Committee on the Status of Women Charges 2019-2022:
This committee examines the status and quality of life of women at UNT, including in cohort with other committees and university offices, programs, and departments. Charges include:
• Collaborate with Senate committees, the Provost's Office, and other appropriate sources to obtain, compile, analyze, and report data regarding the status of women at UNT to the Faculty Senate.
• Identify and report issues of concern about the status of women at UNT.
• Document and report the contribution of women in UNT's achievement of Research One Status.
• Co-sponsor/co-host events for the advancement of women faculty with other groups on campus.
• Collaborate with other campus-wide organizations that address gender-related and minority-related faculty concerns, including but not limited to, the Office of Equity and Diversity, the Women’s Faculty Network, the Committee on the Status of People of Color, and the Committee on the Status of LGBT Faculty.
Exit Interview Survey Responses 2007-2008