Chair: Melody White
Membership: The committee shall consist of 11 VOTING faculty members - one from each voting group and three at-large – and one non-voting representative from the UNT Division of Institutional Equity and Diversity. The committee shall elect a chair from among its members to serve a one-year term.
Group I: Chris Lam (TECM) - Term Ends 2023
Group II: John Martin (LIBR) - Term Ends 2022*
Group III: Sundeep Mukherjee (MTSE) - Term Ends 2023
Group IV: Valerie Martinez-Ebers (PSCI) - Term Ends 2023
Group V: Melody White (ITDS) - Term Ends 2023*
Group VI: Veronica Jones (CHE) - Term Ends 2023*
Group VII: Purnima Neogi (BIOL) - Term Ends 2023
Group VIII: Andrew Chung (MUHT) - Term Ends 2023
Group At-L: Divesh Ojha (MKTG) - Term Ends 2021*
Group At-L: Aleshia Hayes (LTEC) - Term Ends 2021
Group At-L: Roberto Calderon (HIST) - Term Ends 2021*
Group At-L: Daniella Smith (IS) - Term Ends 2021*
Institutional Equity and Diversity Appointee: Damian Torres
Committee on the Status of People of Color Charges:
- Gather information on faculty of color and examine. Work with the Salary Study Committee and the Committee on the Status of Women for the review of salaries.
- Meet with the Committee on the Status of Women to discuss resources the committee uses and identify common areas to work together
- Identify pertinent sources of information available at UNT and among our peers
- Study university, state and federal civil rights and equal employment laws and regulations regarding the status of people of color in the university community.
- Identify concerns and submit recommendations for further actions to the Faculty Senate