Chair: Melody White
Membership: The committee shall consist of 11 VOTING faculty members - one from each voting group and three at-large – and one non-voting representative from the UNT Division of Institutional Equity and Diversity. The committee shall elect a chair from among its members to serve a one-year term.
Group I: Chris Lam (TECM) - Term Ends 2023
Group II: Sarah Ryan (IS) - Term Ends 2025
Group III: Sundeep Mukherjee (MTSE) - Term Ends 2023
Group IV: Valerie Martinez-Ebers (PSCI) - Term Ends 2023
Group V: Melody White (ITDS) - Term Ends 2023*
Group VI: Veronica Jones/Baldwin (CHE) - Term Ends 2023*
Group VII: Purnima Neogi (BIOL) - Term Ends 2023
Group VIII: Andrew Chung (MUHT) - Term Ends 2023
Group At-L: Terrence Suber (MLOM) - Term Ends 2024
Group At-L: Aleshia Hayes (LTEC) - Term Ends 2024*
Group At-L: Luwis Mhlanga (HTM) - Term Ends 2024
IDEA Appointee: Earl Levingston
Committee on the Status of People of Color Charges:
- Gather information on faculty of color and examine. Work with the Salary Study Committee and the Committee on the Status of Women for the review of salaries.
- Meet with the Committee on the Status of Women to discuss resources the committee uses and identify common areas to work together
- Identify pertinent sources of information available at UNT and among our peers
- Study university, state and federal civil rights and equal employment laws and regulations regarding the status of people of color in the university community.
- Identify concerns and submit recommendations for further actions to the Faculty Senate