Chair: Melody White
Membership: 5 faculty members representing a variety of academic disciplines nominated by the Committee on Committees and approved by the Faculty Senate. The members will elect a chair.
Group A-L: Divesh Ojha (MKTG) - Term Ends 2021
Group A-L: Daniella Smith (IS) - Term Ends 2021
Group A-L: Melody White (ITDS) - Term Ends 2020
Group A-L: Veronica Jones (CHE) - Term Ends 2020
Group A-L: Aleshia Hayes (LTEC) - Term Ends 2021
Group A-L: John Martin (LIBR) - Term Ends 2022*
Group A-L: Roberto Calderon (HIST) - Term Ends 2021
Institutional Equity and Diversity Appointee: Damian Torres
Committee on the Status of People of Color Charges:
- Gather information on faculty of color and examine. Work with the Salary Study Committee and the Committee on the Status of Women for the review of salaries.
- Meet with the Committee on the Status of Women to discuss resources the committee uses and identify common areas to work together
- Identify pertinent sources of information available at UNT and among our peers
- Study university, state and federal civil rights and equalâ€employment laws and regulations regarding the status of people of color in the university community.
- Identify concerns and submit recommendations for further actions to the Faculty Senate